Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
How can SENDIASS help?
The North Lincolnshire Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) is a statutory service.
We provide confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers about issues relating to Special Educational Needs and Disability. This includes health and social care matters. Our service is free, easy to access and confidential.
We will listen to your views, and will ensure they are included in decisions affecting your child or young person. We will explain your rights and responsibilities. And we will signpost you to other relevant sources of information, advice and support.
- children and young people with SEND
- and their parents and carers
to be involved in decisions and processes that affect their child or young person’s education and development. This includes:
- Early years
- SEN support
- Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- Statutory Assessment
- Annual Reviews
- Transition planning and education after 16
- SEN Appeals
What do SENDIASS provide?
- Advocacy and support to help promote independence and self-advocacy skills
- Information and advice to support the understanding of SEND processes. Including mediation and appeals to the SEN and Disability Tribunal
- Advice on how open up positive dialogue between parents, carers, young people, schools, local authority (LA), health and voluntary bodies in respect of SEND issues
- Support to resolve disagreements between parents, carers, young people, schools, local authority (LA), health and voluntary bodies in respect of SEND
- A range of information resources and training
- A role in informing local policy and practice, in consultation with stakeholder groups.
Below is a short film that explains how SENDIASS can help help young people in North Lincolnshire
- North Lincolnshire Schools
- SEND Code of Practice
- DfE Parents’ Guide
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and complaints
- Children and young people’s leaflet – SEND – when people can’t agree
Church Square House
30-40 High Street
Twitter – @NLSendiass
Tel: 01724 277665 (direct line/24 hour answer phone)
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm
(Please note: SENDIASS will try to respond to enquiries within three working days)