Complex Behaviour Team
The North Lincolnshire Complex Behaviour Team provides advice and support for parents and carers of a child who has a learning disability and / or Autism, who shows challenging behaviour within the home and lives within North Lincolnshire.
- To provide support and advice for parents and carers of children with complex needs where behaviour within the home can be challenging to manage.
- To enable identified families to feel empowered to implement behaviour changes that will improve outcomes, build confidence, enable self-help, and contribute to them being safe, well, prosperous and connected.
- Work with other professionals to ensure children/young people with complex needs are kept within their family and communities as appropriate.
All children can behave in ways that are difficult to deal with and are generally linked to a child’s stage of development and communication. For children with Learning Disabilities or Autism, this behaviour can be more challenging, and parents/carers may require specialist advice.
Often, challenging behaviour is a result of frustration or anxiety. Adults may find this a challenge to understand and manage.
We support parents and carers to understand their child’s behaviour. We do this by seeking to identify what the child is trying to communicate through their behaviour and identifying ways to manage these which may involve changing responses and strengthening connections.
We work closely with a range of professionals and services.
Who do we work with?
We work with children who have Moderate Learning Difficulties, or Autism and their families. The children and young people we support are aged between 4 and 17 years of age.
How to request involvement from our team:
Before requesting a referral to the Complex Behaviour Team, universal and targeted support should have been accessed from another service such as the child’s school or college, Educational Psychologist, social worker, Children’s Centre, or Intervention support service. If further support is then required, any professional working with a child / young person should request a referral form by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evidence of use of advised strategies implemented consistently over time, Early Help information, school support strategies or CAMHS reports should be included with the referral.
What do we offer?
- Advice and support to parents at home to help understand behaviours, when they occur and how to recognise and respond to them.
- Help to develop ways to respond to behaviours differently, this may include consideration of sensory needs / differences
- Support to implement new ideas
- Develop a plan which will include strategies for parent /carer and children to use in times of need to avoid further escalation.
The people in our team are:
- Sarah Huddart, Senior Offer
- Myra Seal, Outreach Practitioner
- Angela Hunt, Outreach Practitioner
- Anila Haq, Outreach Practitioner.
Side by Side Children’s Centre
Tel: 01724 296679