Behaviour Support Team
The North Lincolnshire Behaviour Support Team provides support to children who have, or are likely to have, significant social emotional and mental health difficulties in settings.
Support and guidance is provided through outreach visits to individual pupils in:
- Early Years Providers settings
- Primary schools
- Through training to Secondary schools
Transition support to nursery settings and to secondary schools may be provided when required.
We work with school staff to advise, train and equip them to better understand and deal with challenging behaviour.
I think my child may have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or Autism (ASD)
North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), North Lincolnshire Local Authority and HealthWatch have been working on a new multi-disciplinary Pathway for autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. From September 2019 there will be;
- A single ‘Neurodiversity Team’, offering a single point of access for all referrals relating to ASD and ADHD and including CAMHS, Education Psychology, ASET team and Primary Behavioural Support Services
- A ‘graduated approach’ to completing assessment paperwork which will avoid duplication of assessment
- Greater awareness of the support given by services including the ASET team, Education Psychology and Primary Behavioural Support Team and nurseries, schools, and colleges, at the earliest possible stage so that ‘needs led’ interventions are put in place, based on presenting needs, regardless of diagnosis.
View the pathway for neurological disorders including Autism and ADHD [PDF, 532Kb]
Support and training for parents, carers and families
In-Reach support may be offered at a specialist teaching base. Children aged 3-5 years may be offered a place in the Rainbow Room at North Axholme Children’s Centre based in Keadby. Placement is discussed and agreed through a Panel process which also serves to refer to our specialist locality provisions attached to primary schools.
Building positive relationships through play sessions may be offered to targeted families known to the team. These run in the school holidays.
Support and training for schools and settings
The team provides bespoke training to schools and settings on behaviour management with an emphasis on de-escalation and targeting the specific social, emotional and mental health needs of the children referred.
The importance of consistency and team work in the setting is recognised and promoted.
Team Teach training is offered to all our primary and secondary schools and to our colleges within North Lincolnshire.
We can support schools and academies where pupils are at risk of exclusion or are disengaging from learning.
Tel: 01724 296679
c/o Side by Side Children’s Centre