North Lincs Parent Forum
What is the Parent Forum?
North Lincolnshire’s Parent Forum is made up of a dedicated group of parents who have children with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Have you thought of joining the Parent Forum?
Are you the parent / carer of a child or young person with a special educational need or disability?
If the answer is yes, then have you thought of joining the Parent Forum? You will get support from other parents who know what you’re going through, and you will get the chance to have your voice heard.
- families helping families
- parents with a child /children with special educational needs and/or disability (SEND)
- all volunteers working together to help and support each other
Our children and young adults range from birth to age 25. Some have:
- a diagnosis from birth or an early age
- an education, health and care plan (EHCP) if required
- others spend years investigating, resulting in late diagnosis or diagnosis still pending
- some families are eligible for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- and others are not eligible
There are parent forums all over the UK – 152 in total. As a Forum we:
- work closely with the local authority and co-produce events at various times of the year
- meet at informal weekly coffee mornings around North Lincolnshire
- regularly meet at regional and national meetings and discuss issues which affect our children with SEND
- direct parents to the Local Offer website where they will find all the contacts and information available to families with a child with SEND
- hold an Annual General Meeting (AGM) and an Annual Parent Conference
- work to enable better access to information about services
- improve channels of communication between services, professionals, parents and carers
How do I become a member of the Parent Forum?
All parents and carers of children with SEND are welcome to become members of the Parent Forum. Please complete our online membership form
You may need to renew your membership if you were formerly a member as we have updated our data protection procedures in line with the new GDPR regulations.
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
By becoming a member, you will be kept informed. You will have a voice and support. It is simply the best way to know what is available out there to help your child. For more information please visit our website.
Coffee mornings are held across North Lincolnshire on a regular basis. This is an opportunity for you to come along and talk to us and other parents and carers living with children and young people with additional needs.
The coffee mornings are informal and relaxing. We have lots of information that we can share with you including information about activities and groups you can attend.
The Parent Forum coffee mornings dates are advertised on their website. Please come and join us even if it’s just for 10 minutes.