Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)

Who can apply for DSA?

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including a:

  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia

You must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010.

Further details of what you can get, what DSAs can pay for, eligibility criteria and how to apply are available on the GOV.UK website.

Tutor teaching a student in the classtoom

Further Information


Student Finance

P O Box 210


Tel: 0300 100 0607

Website: GOV.UK

Last modified: June 21, 2019