Paying for My Home

Whatever type of housing you choose will need to be paid for.

This could be:

  • A weekly or monthly rent payment
  • A repayment of a mortgage, which is money you have borrowed from a bank or building society to buy your home

The money you need to pay for your housing, is likely to come from a variety of sources including:

  • Wages (income from a paid job)
  • Housing benefit
  • Income support
  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Universal Credit

You will find more information about money on the Gov.UK website.

Last modified: March 11, 2020